Discover the benefits of offshore teams in this article that compares both local and offshore development. We'll analyse how each stacks up against cost, talent, and results, so you can make an informed decision about scaling your tech team.
Let’s take a look at the costs
Let's face it, hiring top-notch software engineers can be expensive. Software engineers are some of the highest-paid professionals, so offshoring has become an attractive option for companies looking to cut costs.
1. Staying local
This can mean shelling out big bucks for the best talent, not to mention recruitment fees, office space, and employee benefits like health insurance.
Building an offshore team in emerging tech economiescan be a game-changer. Here are a few reasons why:
- the cost of living in these countries is lower, meaning you can hire top-notch developers at a much lower rate than you would in Western countries
- these areas have thriving tech communities and education systems that produce skilled developers who can meet or exceed your requirements
- don't worry about additional expenses like healthcare or recruitment fees. Offshoring can offer significant savings compared to what you'd pay in Europe or the US
How to make offshore teams function well dailyQuick look : Dive deeper into the benefits of building software offshore
Managing an offshore team can be a daunting task. However, with the right tools and processes in place, you can ensure that your offshore team functions efficiently daily. Here are some key strategies to consider:
- implement good communication and task-scheduling tools if you're not already using them
- put simple processes in place, such as instant messaging, video calls, and task scheduling to streamline everything
- share the right tools and explain how your team uses them
- emphasise a culture of 'if you're not sure, ask' to overcome hurdles early on
- consider extending your team to India if growth is on your mind or if you can't fill the empty capacity in your office
Read more to know about how to work with offshore teams