- Be Proactive: Identify and reduce risks. Actively involve stakeholders in projects. Take responsibility.
- Begin with the End in Mind: Be goal driven, know what it is you want to achieve. Covey suggests drawing up a mission statement.
- Put First Things First: Do the important work first, the must have items, finishing with the least important.
- Think Win/Win: Solve the greatest number of requirements with the least amount of effort possible. Be creative.
- Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood: Do not start thinking about solutions too early on in projects. Understand the business requirements first and then look at solutions.
- Synergize: Work as an effective team to achieve the maximum possible. The team as a whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Sharpen the Saw: This is about renewal and staying fresh. Keep trying to learn and improve during every project.