This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
- New Member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu 12 Nov 2020 10:40 am
A companies success is directly proportional to the projects the company has completed successfully, meeting all the client requirements and specifications. A company's reputation, revenue and productivity is also related to this.
Unlike the olden days, technology is now active in all fields. Project management is no exception. Most of us know that technology can boost project management, but do we know the right tools for it? With right tools to manage projects, companies can save money, manpower and time. So here are some guidelines to finding the right project management solution.
- Track Progress: Tracking the progress of project and it's task is essential in managing a project successfully. Solutions that include features like Gantt chart and scrum boards are great for this.
- Identify your resources: A solution that interactively works to identify the users' task and assign them tasks without any conflicts. Conflicting tasks could mean missed deadlines.
- Report Generation: Automatic report generation is also an exciting feature to look out for.
Also when you are looking for a project management solution, make sure that you gather feedback from your team also.
Share your thoughts on this.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 460
- Joined: Sat 19 Dec 2009 4:39 pm
- Location: London
Personally, I feel people worry too much about the tool and not enough about the process. A tool at its best assists by taking some of the leg work out of project management. It will save you time on repetitive tasks and reduce some of the drudgery. The project manager is running the project, not the tool. Find a decent tool that suits you and stick with it. Don't spend time worrying about whether there is something better out there.
- Full Member
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon 23 Nov 2020 6:51 am
I work for a software company and we adopt Agile, Scrum to be specific, and we use the project management tool we developed to manage projects and sprints. We do the usual daily Scrum, Sprint review, Sprint Retrospective, etc. I would say we are in good state.
- New Member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon 23 Nov 2020 7:50 am
Project leader does play the most import roles, tool is just a place where you could easily track a large amount of tasks or issues. Jira, Trello they are all very good ones, for open source or cheaper options, you could try with Taiga or ZenTao, just Google about it, you will get what you want.