Accountability in Project Management

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
jamiem22

As a project manager it is a hard task for me to track everyone's tasks and holding team members accountable for the work they're expected to do. Making sure everyone is completing their daily tasks is a daily chore for me. It was only recently when I found out about this project management tool and it has effectively simplified this task for to a greater extend. With this system I can create and assign tasks to my team members and track those tasks easily. I can always check up on the progress of the tasks. I have also adopted the method of tracking the teams' hours, making them send a mail with their work details so that I can review them every day, it is a bit time consuming but an extra step of caution never hurt anyone.

I was just wondering what other project managers are doing about this accountability issue in project management. Do share your thoughts and insights on this. Thank you!