I am currently collecting data for my master thesis, "Influence of corrective actions on project performance". I want to talk to project managers in practice to ask few questions and get feedback. I hope you can answer the following questions:
- How do you define a management corrective action?
- Does the definition changes for different project types/ business units/ sectors?
- How do you decide for taking corrective action? Do you use any methods or control systems? Explain.
- Are there different types of corrective actions? If yes, explain.
- Who is responsible for taking corrective actions? Is there a hierarchy in the process?
- In your opinion, what are the factors the influence the effectiveness of a corrective action?
- What are the challenges do you see when taking corrective actions?
- Is there a systematic process you apply for taking corrective action, for example Standard Operating Procedures?
- Do you document corrective action process? If yes how?