I have just moved into a new department to work alongside a project portfolio team. As the resource, it's my responsibility to review and advise on how projects are received, assessed and evaluated, allocated delivery teams to deliver and managed at portfolio level. Though this is the role of the portfolio manager, I have been called in as an interim to cover.
Can I ask for your comments and advice?
- Techniques and methods that can be used?
- Are there spreadsheets templates one can use?
- How to evaluate cost and benefit and to prioritise projects to know which should be delivered first or last.
- Whats recognised certifications cover portfolio management?
- What are the most common problems and issues involved?