Risk Workshops

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
Colton

Does anyone have any experience running a risk workshop?

I am looking to run my first project risk workshop next week. While I have found good content on the internet, I am also keen to know if anyone has any practical experience in running these?
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A Ishikawa diagram would probably help with identifying the risks.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Colton,

From my experience, it's good to think about whether you will hold a formal workshop, or more of a brainstorming session. Either way, all core team members and stakeholders should come to the workshop.

Think of a few risks yourself to help kick-off the workshop. Ask the attendees to write down as many risks as they can. You can use a sticky note session to record, grade and sort the risks.

Grade risks using two factors, impact and probability. Determine whether each risk is acceptable or not. What impact will each risk have on the project if it's realised? Think about whether there are steps that can be taken to minimise the impact of each risk. You probably won't have time to evaluate all the risks, so stick to looking at the top four or five.

Decide what is going to happen after the workshop. Who will monitor the risks and report back?

Hope this helps.

Duncan