I am a Senior Test Analyst for a financial software house and after much consideration I am now looking at getting into project management, but what should my first steps be?
I was also hoping to get some answers for the questions below:
- There seems to be a number of different qualifications, which is the best for my industry?
- I have several years experience with managing my teams QA schedule. This involves:
- Liaising with the resource manager and project managers over available QA resource
- Estimating QA effort
- Scheduling for a number of other testers
- Managing and overseeing all testing within short agile sprint projects and QA in general
- I'm hoping to gain some experience at my current company, but if this is not possible, what type of role should I be looking for to gain experience?
Any additional advice would be very helpful and much appreciated. Thanks in advance.