This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi, I'm studying a Diploma in Project Management and would like to hear from you more experienced people what you feel are the key skills and techniques needed in public sector project management over the private sector? Thanks
- Understanding the political processes and how they affect getting things done.
- Relationship management and building alliances is a must.
- Patience is a must because in a political environment wheels turn very slowly.
- Acceptance of change, politicians are forever changing their minds and goals according to political whims of the time.
- Public speaking and presentation is a must because you will have to present information to endless boards and committees.
- Ability to deal with a highly bureaucratic systems is also a must.