I was wondering if someone can tell me the best way to become a good project manager. I have been asked by my manager to lead a global ERP system. Basically, he wants me to become the project manager for this large global project. There are a few questions that I like to ask all of you as an experienced project managers.
- What is the best way to get a project plan together since you’re going to be working with different teams that is spread around the world.
- Do you ask each of the team to give you their project plan and then combine it into a global project plan?
- Do you create a project yourself and then have access your project plan and let them update themselves?
- Do you them this is the way the project needs to be. It is one way or the highway?
- What’s the most difficult task as a project manager?
- What do you do if someone is slacking off or not meeting your expectation. For example,f someone is not completing task on time, what do you do?
- For software development, do you usually use waterfall or Agile method?
- What is the best way to get things done on time. Do you have weekly meetings with the core team and go over the issue register (all outstanding issues) and then the project plan?