Project management tools

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
Shobana S
Recognised Member
Recognised Member

In the current situation, the project managers are surely facing a tough time with most of the teams working remotely and everything happening through virtual meetings. Project managers have to monitor and keep track of the activity, a task assigned to the team members. Now that all the meetings are virtual it’s quite difficult to keep at tap on the discussions, tasks assigned, and simultaneously follow up with the clients.

Project managers are depending upon tools like Zoom for remote communication, Slack for instant messaging, Trello for task manager, tools for convenient reporting like MarsviewNotes, file storage like Google Drive.

I have mentioned few tools that I have been using. You can add up your list.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

My list of productivity tools is:
  • Evernote - note taking and collaboration
  • Trello - task lists
  • Slack - instant communication
  • Microsoft Teams - virtual meetings
  • Microsoft Excel - planning and budgets
I’d also add that use of a good quality webcam, microphone and speaker is essential, if you are working from home. My choice is:
  • Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam
  • Sennheiser SP 20 Speakerphone
danwan337
Recognised Member
Recognised Member

I agree that work from home can be challenging especially when team members are not on the same page. What we use in our organization:
  • Slack - for team communication
  • Microsoft Team - For scheduled meeting/calls
  • Basecamp - To assign and schedule team activities (also set deadline)
  • Trello - For overall organizational activity and tracking
  • One Drive - To store all the files in one place
Thescalers
Expert Member
Expert Member

In this current Covid -19 situation we all are working remotely to stay safe and healthy , meanwhile we need to improve our work efficiency also, so here are 17 online tools for remote teams to stay connected and promote better collaboration, communication, and effective workflows.

1. Communication Tools - Effective communication is an essential factor in maintaining healthy and strong working relationships at all levels of an organisation. However, this is particularly true when working with remote teams. Investing in clear lines of communication will lead to trust among employees, higher levels of productivity, and a boost in morale.
  • Google Hangouts
  • Jell
  • Zoom
2. Time-management tools - When managing large remote teams, it’s next to impossible to personally message each employee to know what they’re working on and what their schedule looks like. And that’s precisely why time-management tools are invaluable when working remotely. Some of the best time-management tools include:
  • actiTIME
  • TimeDoctor
3. Project management and collaboration tools
- A report published by Harvard Business Review stated that collaborative activity is the ‘secret sauce’ that inspires creativity. It enables virtual teams to make innovative and creative new products, communicate better, and promotes productivity. Some of the best collaboration tools that you can use when working with remote teams include
  • Podio
  • Trello
  • Asana
  • Milanote
  • Basecamp
4. File management tools - Some of the best file management tools that you can use when working with remote teams include
  • Google Drive
  • Dropbox
  • Box
5. Timezone management tools -When working with distributed teams across the globe, it can be challenging to keep track of what time it is where your colleagues are. As our world becomes hyperconnected, discovering a good time zone management tool becomes more important than ever. Our recommendations include
  • World Time Buddy
  • 10to8
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great list Thescalers!

As many of my colleagues know, I'm a great fan of Evernote for taking minutes and staying organised. Especially helpful for keeping information organised across different projects.
Thescalers
Expert Member
Expert Member

dhaughey wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:27 am Great list Thescalers!

As many of my colleagues know, I'm a great fan of Evernote for taking minutes and staying organised. Especially helpful for keeping information organised across different projects.
Thank You Dhaughey,

If you wish to know more about each online tools for remote teams in detail, then you can read this article. Source: https://thescalers.com/online-tools-for-remote-teams-to-stay-connected/
Shobana S
Recognised Member
Recognised Member

A great list of tools has been listed here. Surely the remote working has made everyone to create their own list of tools to support them in productive working.

According to my favorite tools for remote working will be MarsviewNotes that helps me in taking minutes and collaborating with my CRM and provides me an organized notes.

[Disclosure: the poster is a Digital Marketer at Marsview.ai Inc.]
Emily_B

To keep track of our projects and communicate effectively we have been using these tools:
  • Slack
  • Teamhood for task management and assignment
  • MS Teams for meetings
We found this combination gave us an effective way of communicating effectively without being overloaded with additional tools.