What are the most influential soft-skills books for someone who is aspiring to work as an Agile project manager?

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
violetwilliams

Hi Guys,

What do you think are the most influential soft-skills books for someone who is aspiring to work as an Agile project manager?

Thanks in advance.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

In my list of the most influential books, I would include:
  • The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. An evergreen text to help you become successful in your personal and professional relationships.
  • Making It Happen: Reflections on Leadership by John Harvey-Jones. This book dates back to the 1980s, but still contains some very valuable management advice.
  • Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman. A look at why as humans we make bad decisions and suggestions for ways we might make better decisions. Not the easiest read.
violetwilliams

dhaughey wrote: Tue 19 May 2020 11:22 am In my list of the most influential books, I would include:
  • The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. An evergreen text to help you become successful in your personal and professional relationships.
  • Making It Happen: Reflections on Leadership by John Harvey-Jones. This book dates back to the 1980s, but still contains some very valuable management advice.
  • Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman. A look at why as humans we make bad decisions and suggestions for ways we might make better decisions. Not the easiest read.
Thank you, this helps a lot.