Best/cheapest online PRINCE2 Foundation course with exam included

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
mitchtin

Hi,

I am an IT infrastructure engineer with some experience managing IT projects too; sometimes performing both roles for the same project.

I am looking to move into a more dedicated project management role, and my latest permanent position is certainly pointing me in that direction.

I would like to do a PRINCE2 foundation course / exam and am looking for the cheapest way to do this online. I would also consider a package where the foundation and practitioner exam /courses are combined if it seemed like a good deal.

Please let me know of any suggestions you may have.

Thanks!
jayashree
Expert Member
Expert Member

PMIQ is an accredited training provider of project management courses, offering cutting edge learning to individuals and corporate clients. We currently focus on PRINCE2 project management courses, offering both classroom and online solutions.
mitchtin

Thank you. I am currently looking on the PMIQ website. I am thinking about going for the combined Foundation and Practitioner pack that they offer, which includes both exam fees. PMIQ says that these two exams are worth a combined value of £540. Since the pack is £549 in total, it seems that you are only paying £9 for the online course and study guide, which seems strange. The website states that you get access to the pack for 365 days.

A few questions:
  • Is this pack good value?
  • Do the exams always cost the same to sit, no matter where you go?
  • I take it the exams are Pearson Vue Exams?
  • Is it realistic to plan to pass the foundation and practitioner exams in a year?
Cheers
mitchtin

anyone????
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Mitchtin,

I've used QA training in the past and found them excellent. They run training courses, including PRINCE2, in and around London. They also provide online training for PRINCE2, but I can't vouch for that. I prefer the focus classroom training provides.

Cheers,
Duncan
stenling

You could try one of the online courses from Udemy and do online certification via Peoplecert.

I did this for my Management of Portfolios (MoP) certification and found it effective. You will of course have to read the textbook anyway, but the online course helps organise the knowledge.
PatrickJKelly

There seems to be a good number of online courses to choose from.

Things to look for in an online Foundation course:
  • Pass guarantee
  • Video course (all offer this)
  • Online Exam Simulator (if you wish to do exam online)
  • Simple easy to read training manual (Focus Foundation Syllabus)
  • Example of a project (QA gives a good project scenario in their online course)
stonesfan
Expert Member
Expert Member

I've said it before on here before, but the major factor in learning any subject and passing the exam is your own level of self motivation. I'm not particularly academic, or one of those with a knack of absorbing tons of information with irritating efficiency(!) What I would do though, is to suggest a good study guide prior to taking a course or exam. Prince2 is covered in an excellent book by David Hinde. Spend a fair few hours reading the book and doing the practice questions. This will certainly point in the right direction.

I partially agree with PatrickJKelly's point 'about classroom training on another thread. There is a strong accent on getting you through the exam than actually educating you. However, you need to use your initiative here. There are sample PRINCE2 projects online and there's little harm in using the Prince2 management documents in your own place of work. Do what you have to do to get familiar with using Prince2. However, I'd say that whilst I was at a level to pass the exam on entering 3 days of Practitioner level training, the classroom environment helped me get a really good mark. In a classroom you can bounce ideas off of people etc.

Most important thing of all though, for foundation and especially practitioner, is to do as many practice exams as possible and monitor your own progress.
PatrickJKelly

Here is some more information on FREE sample PRINCE2 Foundation Exams:

Company and # of Questions
1) Mockexam4u, 200 Q&A
2) Silicon Beach, 140 Q&A
3) APMG, 75 Q&A
4) MPLAZA, 380 Q&A
Justice

stenling wrote:You could try one of the online courses from Udemy and do online certification via Peoplecert.

I did this for my Management of Portfolios (MoP) certification and found it effective. You will of course have to read the textbook anyway, but the online course helps organise the knowledge.
Hi,

Just wondering if your online exam score is the same as published score?

Thanks