Questions RE: PMI Agile Certification, etc.

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
apollo

Hi,

I hope someone can maybe help.

My husband is looking for a career redirection/change and has been in discussions with PMI regarding the new Agile course that replaces (I believe) PRINCE2?

He needs to make a relatively quick decision as there is a bit of a price reduction which they are holding for him, but only until tomorrow.

He only spoke with them on Friday and has spent the weekend, when available, looking for info on it, but not coming up with much.

Can anyone offer any helpful info please? Is it worth doing? How useful is it and how recognised is it? Anything else you may know.

Thank you so much.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can’t comment specifically on this course, but the PMI certifications are well-regarded.

In respect of replacing PRINCE2, this will not be the case as this method is owned by Axelos, a joint venture between the UK Government and the business outsourcer Capita, a different body.

I would recommend looking at Certified Scrum Master (CSM) run by the Scrum Alliance. I’ve done this certification and found it hugely valuable when it comes to working with Agile methods.

Hope this helps.

Duncan
apollo

Thank you so much. That is very helpful. Shall do that now. Very much appreciate you taking the time to reply.