Project Management profession

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
arunanc

I am working for a company in India as a Project Manager. I am currently certified as PMP,PRINCE2 FOUNDATION & CSM (Certified Scrum Master).

My organisation is highly conservative hence they do not practice these standards.

Experts suggest me how to proceed my project management profession.
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

arunanc wrote:I am working for a company in India as a Project Manager. I am currently certified as PMP,PRINCE2 FOUNDATION & CSM (Certified Scrum Master).

My organisation is highly conservative hence they do not practice these standards.

Experts suggest me how to proceed my project management profession.

Hi,

Welcome to the board.

Excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but surely a change of employer, or job role within the same employer, would be a wise move! It sounds like they are holding you back at present.

You have good academic certs to back you up, so they will 'open doors' when it comes to interviews.

Thanks,
Kit.
arunanc

Thanks kit for your reply. Let me explore opportunities.
begeland

Kit is right...those certs will help you in a job search. But whether they practice those standards or not, you still have a good foundation now for PM going forward. And there are many different ways to run a project - you may learn valuable things running projects outside of those standards that you'll be able to incorporate long term into your PM career. Learn from the PM colleagues already present in the organization and practice best practices and get some project successes under your belt.

Brad
danielfr03

I am a professional in project management in Brazil, I wonder possibility of getting a job in my field of work in the UK.

I am PMP, PRINCE2 Foundation, Certification in MS Project and knowledge in PRIMAVERA P6, but I already have 52 years old.

Thank you very much.