The 50 Golden Rules of Project Management by Vladimir Cordier

This forum is for members to share book reviews. All of us buy and read business books. Some are good and others a waste of money, so don't be shy; let us know what you think about the books you’ve read.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

When I first got my hands on this book, I started wondering how many of Vladimir Cordier's 50 golden rules I break. If this is the way "the best project managers do it" how good am I?

The book contains real world project management experiences as opposed to theory. This is the stuff you learn on the job, but written down. Don't expect a project management methodology or training course. This is what you learn from experience as a PM and the insights you are rarely taught in college or university.

As a PM of many years experience, I can agree with Vladimir's rules, and the real life project examples after each rule serve to illustrate his points well.

Being ultra critical, the language is not the easiest to read and the book contains more language and grammatical errors than perhaps you'd expect.* Don't let this put you off though, it doesn't detract from the books key messages.

Whether you are new to project management or a seasoned professional, this book is full of useful insights, at a competitive price point.

Finally, I'm glad to say experience has taught me to follow most of Vladimir's rules, but it doesn't do any harm to be reminded.

ISBN-13: 978-0-9551313-1-8 (Kindle Edition)

* Written by a non-native English speaker.
AndrewBill

To be honest i did not yet read that books but i heard a lot about it which they say it was really good book.