What Would You Do?

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
begeland

I'm going to start posting some scenarios each week that and the post subject title will start with "WWYD?" These will be some scenarios I've been through, colleagues have encountered, and contrived scenarios that could happen to any of us...I think it may create some interesting discussions. And remember, no advice or answer is wrong or odd, every input is a great potential option, a nice thought for discussion, and may just save one of us on our next project!

Feel free to post your own scenarios, or if you want to maintain consistency and keep us from having too many of these posted in any given week, you can email them to me at brad@bradegeland.com and I'll post them as coming from you (or anonymous if you'd prefer...just tell me). And if you send them to me to post, try to include everything as I'll probably just post them "as is."

Thanks! I'll post a first topic later today. Looking forward to the discussions....
Brad
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Being a projects orientated forum, I will make the presumption that these are PM related scenarios, rather than a WWYD domestic dilemma! :)
begeland

Ha! Yes, definitely, though we could probably all use that kind of advice too...I know I could! Yes, all will be PM related - and probably more of the IT PM type scenario since that's what I'm most familiar with, but I welcome thoughts and scenarios from any genre and industry. And it could be things that deal with business ethics, etc. As PMs we aren't isolated to just our project work - we are greatly affected by company policies, customer actions and processes, and issues that arise from business processes or strategies within our own organizations that may not really be PM related but do affect us and how we go about our work.

Thanks!
Brad