Human Relations In Business by Fred J. Carvell

This forum is for members to share book reviews. All of us buy and read business books. Some are good and others a waste of money, so don't be shy; let us know what you think about the books you’ve read.
satisfactionuk
Expert Member
Expert Member

Hi,
This is a rather old book written in 1970 but is quite different in its concept from traditional academic books compiled from the results of formal research papers. The author actually went out into the real world and questioned managers, supervisors and the like to get real first hand information from the ground up.

The book covers all the usual topic that one would expect in a human relations book such as its scope, human needs and behaviours, the nature of work, employee attitudes and management philosophy, and sections covering communication, motivation, leadership and training. However, its the unique perspective that the author takes that adds value to the books readability.

I think this is a very good first book for people who are initially taking an informal interest in the Human Resource Management aspect of business studies.
Kind regards

Stephan Toth
class-g

Hi, you give here a lot's of information about Business marketing. This post is very nice to understand me to make a good relationship between human relation in business.
nwamaioha1
Recognised Member
Recognised Member

I read this book some time ago, and it may not be for everyone, but you should at least give it a try. If you are interested in this domain, I'm sure you can take some good ideas from it.