2) Behavioural Aspects of Marketing - Keith C Williams

This forum is for members to share book reviews. All of us buy and read business books. Some are good and others a waste of money, so don't be shy; let us know what you think about the books you’ve read.
satisfactionuk
Expert Member
Expert Member

Hi,
This is the second book in the Chartered Institute or Marketing - CIM series of books that focuses on the Behavioural Aspects of Marketing.

The synopsis on the back of the book reads:
Behavioural science is increasingly becoming recognised as a necessary part of a marketer's skills. Keith Williams provides a review of the main areas of behavioural research, and examines in depth their specific relevance to marketing. Cognitive influences on the individual - perception, learning and motivation - are discussed first, followed by the social factors - the nature of society, attitudes, communication, and personality.

The relationship between cognitive and social influences as it affects marketing is pinpointed in a chapter on modelling consumer behaviour and the decision making process.

The book feature sections on behavioural aspects of the organisation and the individual within the organisation; and the author demonstrates that these considerations along with consumer-oriented studies can play a decisive role in marketing.

Each chapter includes diagrams and reading list.

This comparatively short book is packed full of very useful information and in my opinion is very worthwhile reading because all of the principles outlined in the book is highly relevant to the project managers job of selling the idea of the project to the internal customer and getting them whole heartedly on board. Additionally, the information presented in the book will greatly help project managers to understand and formulate strategies within this phase of their marketing project plan.

This book though focused on marketing provides transferable skills to any part of the business and for this reason I believe that it is essential reading and a great addition to any project managers personal reference library.

Kind regards

Stephan Toth
Labari84

Good to know about these behavioral aspects of marketing. Nowadays the competition for every type of business is exceeding and this is why you just cannot be wrong with your marketing tactics. After doing a lot of research I decided to go with a couple of popular social media platforms and text message marketing for car dealerships. I am very happy with the results.