The Goal - Dr. Eliyahu M. Goldratt

This forum is for members to share book reviews. All of us buy and read business books. Some are good and others a waste of money, so don't be shy; let us know what you think about the books you’ve read.
FGrayling

I recently read The Goal - by Dr Eliyahu M. Goldratt.

Very good book! It's written as a novel so was easy to get through and take in (although sometimes found myself way more interested in his life than what I was meant to be focussing on within the book). I read the third edition version and would highly recommend it as a read.

It's focussed around the manufacturing industry which could put you off but as long as you take the principles it's teaching you and look at it from your own point of view, you can apply it anywhere! It talks around bottlenecks and how they eliminated them in the factory. I work for an electricity supplier as a PM around our billing systems and found the book really helpful and could recognise the solutions within our business.
Stephbaker

This seems very interesting! I would love to read it, too, now that you have talked about it so passionately! Thanks
limandyds

Will be adding this book to my cart next time. Thanks for the recommendation :)
nwamaioha1
Recognised Member
Recognised Member

I love these type of books that are easy to read and you also learn a lot of things from them.