PMP Exam Prep 7th Edition - Rita Mulcahy

This forum is for members to share book reviews. All of us buy and read business books. Some are good and others a waste of money, so don't be shy; let us know what you think about the books you’ve read.
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello,

Just a quick post to advocate this book for people studying the PMP certification and also looking for general project management knowledge.

I found this book very informative but easy-going reading too. I am not studying the PMP, but I have used this book as reference for the APMP certification (which I am studying) as I find the content of value. The book covers the full PMBOK syllabus and has some really good exercises at the end of the chapters.

So, even if you are not studying the PMP you will find this book beneficial.

Are there any other views on this book?

Many thanks,
Kit
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Kit,

I used this book (an earlier version) for my PMP. I found it excellent, easy to read, well laid out and with helpful exercises and exam tips throughout.

If you're looking for a PMP prep book, among the many publications out there, this is a safe bet.

Duncan
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I have just found out that Rita passed away back in 2010, RIP. She had a form of breast cancer.
shahjee1

Just a quick post to advocate this book for people studying the PMP certification and also looking for general project management knowledge.
sultan
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree, a very good book, which I used to pass my PMP. The eighth edition is out now, published in June 2013. I recommend buying the later edition as there were some changes to the PMP exam after 31st July 2013.

Duncan