Book Recommendation Please!

This forum is for members to share book reviews. All of us buy and read business books. Some are good and others a waste of money, so don't be shy; let us know what you think about the books you’ve read.
Danbone

Hello,

Ok so I have the APM BoK and the Using PRINCE2 manual to get through so from that point of view I am set for the next few months.

The next thing I want to turn to along side this is getting myself set for a leader role (currently the assistant to the PM's). I would like someone to recommend a book the covers topic such as: assertiveness, attitude, chairing meetings, being put on the spot (performing a presentation for example).

I am not used to these activities and as such get nervous when faced with them (mainly standing up in front of peers with a presentation)

Thanks
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Danbone,

This is an excellent book for anyone that needs to give presentations and talks:

How to Deliver a TED Talk: Secrets of The World's Most Inspiring Presentations

This is the publishers description:

"How To Deliver A TED Talk" is a complete guide for creating presentations that inspire others through your story. Based on intensive study of the most popular TEDTalks, this step-by-step playbook shows you how to select your topic, craft your narrative, master your delivery and refine your design.

ASIN: B007V4530A - Kindle eBook by Jeremey Donovan

Any other suggestions?

Duncan
brods

How to Deliver a TED Talk: Secrets of The World's Most Inspiring Presentations, my teacher once told me about that book when I ask about the recommendation about the PM books. This will surely be helpful a comprehensive and must read book for those who want to make a good presentation.
john enexus

what do you mean by TED TALK ?
I am very happy to be Here.

Thanks
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi John,

TED is a nonprofit organisation whose mission is to promote "Ideas Worth Spreading". It started out in 1984 as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: technology, entertainment and design.

TED conferences happen a couple of times a year, where some of the world's most influential speaker discuss a range of ideas.

TED Talks began as an attempt to share what happens at the TED Conference with the world. Under the slogan "Ideas Worth Spreading," talks were released online and quickly attracted a large global audience.

TED stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design. There is a regular NPR: TED Radio Hour Podcast available from iTunes, which is a good listen.

Duncan
marry

Do you have any idea of business risk books?
Mohamed.Benmerikhi
Expert Member
Expert Member

Hi all,

I have heard about "How to deliver a TED talk?" and tried acquiring the book. Unfortunately, everywhere I tried to buy it, I was told it is out of stock. I ordered it from Amazon on October 22nd and was notified on December 20th that it is again out of stock!

If anyone can advise on how to get this book, I would greatly appreciate it.
Many thanks

Mohamed Benmerikhi
GeorgeE

The book, PMBoK has an absolute wealth of helpful information, and I found it most useful for when I just needed a little bit of pointing in the right direction. It was easy to skip in and out of and to different sections.

George