360 Degree Leader by John C Maxwell

This forum is for members to share book reviews. All of us buy and read business books. Some are good and others a waste of money, so don't be shy; let us know what you think about the books you’ve read.
practicalpmo

This is a great book that I recently found again when cleaning out a bookshelf.

Flicking through I found a number of points I had highlighted with marker pen including "your attitude and behaviour should be consistent and predictable with everyone. Otherwise, you won't be trustworthy in the eyes of anyone you work with".

Such a profound statement. When you think about it, trust is the most important asset a project manager can have.
Simon
PracticalPMO
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree Simon, a project manager must be trustworthy and lead by example. If you want your team to go the extra mile then you must be prepared to do the same. If you try to con your team into working harder you will erode the trust they have in you and then you're in trouble.

Danny Cox has an important message, "the important thing to remember is that if you don't have inspired enthusiasm that is contagious, whatever you do have is also contagious."

If the team trust you as their project manager they will put in the effort needed to ensure success.

Duncan