Which Project Management Certification is Right for You

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
eric.shaw

So you’ve decided to pursue a PMI certification. Congratulations on this important decision!

But which one should you earn? Obtaining a PMI credential is not something to be taken lightly, whether this is your first one or you’re moving up to a PMP® or PgMP®, or you’re earning a specialty credential like the PMI-SP® or PMI-RMP®.

You need to choose the credential that best fits your knowledge and experience, as well as your future career plans.

You can apply for any certification that matches your qualifications, and no certification serves as a prerequisite for another. Also, you don’t need to be a PMI member to obtain a credential, but there are member discounts on application and credential maintenance costs.

1. The Project Management Professional (PMP)® is the most important globally-recognized and independently validated credential for project managers, perfect if you have demonstrated experience and competence in leading project teams.

2. The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is a good entry-level certification if you’re new to project management, or still figuring out your career path.

3. The Program Management Professional (PgMP)® is designed for those who manage multiple, complex projects to achieve strategic and organizational results.

4. The PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)® is a specialty credential for practitioners who want to focus on developing and maintaining project schedules.

5. The PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® is a specialty credential that demonstrates competence in assessing project risks, mitigating threats and capitalizing on opportunities.
satisfactionuk
Expert Member
Expert Member

LOL - This article is exactly what I have been ranting on about - profiteering at its worst.

I refer to my reply to the PMI-RMP
Kind Regards

Stephan Toth