Is EdTech Shaping the Future of Education and Learning?

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
Thescalers
Expert Member
Expert Member

The education industry is in a season of change as the focus shifts from simply memorising large amounts of information to analysing, learning, and grasping concepts. It’s no longer about what we teach at school but rather how we teach at school.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

I couldn't agree more. Learning reams of facts to regurgitate them during a written exam favours disproportionately one style of learning.

Many of our apprentices have opted out of university and college because it doesn't suit their learning style.

I found that memorising facts didn't work for me, and I got pigeoned holed based on my ability to recall what occasionally seemed like meaningless information. I'm a hands-on person and love the practical side of learning, where there are clear aims and benefits.

Education should embrace a wide range of learning styles to remain relevant. I'm sure many universities and colleges already do so.
rohity

Good post like it.