What Are The Most Effective Team Management Tips For Managers?

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
vartikakashyap

In my opinion, being a manager you need to manage and motivate your team to ensure success in the given venture. So, what are some tips and hacks which you can practice as a manager to ensure effective team management?

Here are 5 tips I'd like to discuss:
  • Hire the Right People
  • Set Achievable Goals
  • Establish a Team Mission
  • Maintain Open Communication
  • Celebrate Team Success

What do you do to keep your team challenged and productive at the same time? Please share your team management hacks and experiences.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

I always try hard to recognise a team member who has gone above and beyond the norm to achieve an objective. It's important to recognise that persons' achievement in a visible way, whether it's an email to their line manager, copying them, or a shout-out in a team meeting. However, it needs to be truly deserved and beyond what you would expect as part of their role on a day-to-day basis. I find this lacking in other managers and that's a shame, as it costs nothing and creates an awful lot of goodwill.

Duncan
vartikakashyap

dhaughey wrote: Fri 29 May 2020 3:14 pm Hello,

I always try hard to recognise a team member who has gone above and beyond the norm to achieve an objective. It's important to recognise that persons' achievement in a visible way, whether it's an email to their line manager, copying them, or a shout-out in a team meeting. However, it needs to be truly deserved and beyond what you would expect as part of their role on a day-to-day basis. I find this lacking in other managers and that's a shame, as it costs nothing and creates an awful lot of goodwill.

Duncan
I think thats great!
danwan337
Recognised Member
Recognised Member

• Be an effective communicator
  • Increase trust and transparency
  • Identify and leverage individual skills
  • Proper delegation of authority
  • Take responsibility and lead by example
  • Invest and use latest tools for better productivity
  • Conduct online surveys https://www.sogosurvey.com/ for instant feedback