What to do with your project during COVID-19?

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
samwoods

Question: “You are managing a residential construction project with the budget of $1.5 million. Until now everything has been going smooth and you are currently on schedule and according to the schedule the project will be completed in 5 months. Unfortunately, there has been a world outbreak of COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus, and there are cases confirmed in the city where you work. The authorities declared a national emergency and are urging all nonessential workers to stay home or work remotely. Also, the state officials made announcement that in 7 days they will lock down the city and all businesses except groceries, pharmacies and hospital facilities will have to close until further notice. What would you do in this unprecedented situation?“,

“A” : “Provide all construction workers with protective gear and continue working according to the schedule.“,
“B” : “Crashing the project to complete it before schedule.“,
“C” : “Involve company lawyers to create a contract for worker stating that they are informed about the risks but agree to continue working for increased salary.“,
“D” : “Update risk register and organize video meeting with project stakeholders.”

The explanation is here https://www.erudicat.com/covid-19-question-1050 but who can offer a better solution to the problem?
Shobana S
Recognised Member
Recognised Member

COVID 19 has made everybody’s task tough. Especially project managers, as they need to meet the deadlines and complete the projects on time. In high-pressure situations like this when all tasks happen through remote meetings, we recognize how difficult it can be to maintain the accurate project and program plans. Things can change quickly and in the absence of accurate plans, it can be impossible to truly understand priority tasks and deployment. This can result in key dependencies being missed, business decisions not shared on time, and ultimately project goals not being achieved.

I would like to suggest a tip for a free productive tool, Marsview notes (https://bit.ly/2BjHrTL) which I started to use recently. This tool supplements me in all my Zoom meetings as my meeting assistant, it transcribes my meeting notes automatically and at the end of the meeting shares me a summary of meeting notes and chaptered highlights of the meeting which I can share with my team and manager. These are some of the ways it has helped me to enhance my remote communication at ease.

[Editors Note: Marsview Notes is free for Zoom, but not for other conferencing tool integrations.]

[Disclosure: the poster is a Digital Marketer at Marsview.ai Inc.]