Identification System for Project Management Methodology

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
rnimansyah

Hi guys,

A little bit of background from me. I am a developer that is currently having a project on creating a system to predict and recommend software methodology for project manager e.g. XP, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc. I consider myself capable of coding, but as to information about Project Manager, I am lacking of it.

Currently, I am still in the phase where I will need to gather data/information to help me in building the system. I would like to request time from the experienced, and experts in the field of Project Management to help fill in 6-Parts survey below for data/information gathering:
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6

One of the main purposes is to know what requirements are needed that can be used as criteria for 'project success', and what questions can be asked to project managers if the recommended methodology is successful, or if the software methodology needs to be tailored.

As for privacy, the survey does not ask for personal information, therefore it will be completely anonymous as to who filled in the form. The purpose of the survey is only for gathering data/information related to Project Management, and to help me build the system.

As I consider myself a beginner in Project Management, I'm interested as to what I can learn. Please help and feel free to give me guidance on this matter.
sedulousbusiness

Can you explain a bit more about the system you are creating? I am not sure I follow why it is needed.
Atif Shahab
Recognised Member
Recognised Member

Well, my suggestion is you must begin learning project management methodologies first. This may help you in learning project management methodologies: http://bit.ly/2rThgvR
Stephbaker

rnimansyah wrote:Hi guys,

A little bit of background from me. I am a developer that is currently having a project on creating a system to predict and recommend software methodology for project manager e.g. XP, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc. I consider myself capable of coding, but as to information about Project Manager, I am lacking of it.

Currently, I am still in the phase where I will need to gather data/information to help me in building the system. I would like to request time from the experienced, and experts in the field of Project Management, events industry to help fill in 6-Parts survey below for data/information gathering:
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6

One of the main purposes is to know what requirements are needed that can be used as criteria for 'project success', and what questions can be asked to project managers if the recommended methodology is successful, or if the software methodology needs to be tailored.

As for privacy, the survey does not ask for personal information, therefore it will be completely anonymous as to who filled in the form. The purpose of the survey is only for gathering data/information related to Project Management, and to help me build the system.

As I consider myself a beginner in Project Management, I'm interested as to what I can learn. Please help and feel free to give me guidance on this matter.
Agile is the best project management methodologies. It is great for iterative and incremental projects. It is best suited for projects which need flexibility and is used to deliver complex projects with levels of uncertainty. It has 6 main deliverables to track progress and create progress such as:
  1. Progress roadmap
  2. Product backlog
  3. Release plan
  4. Sprint backlog
  5. Increment
I hope this helps! I have also filled up the survey. There is more project management software that you can try out such as Kanban, Lean, Six Sigma, etc. You can try studying those if you want to build on your own. If any more doubts, please do reply I'll try answering after my work schedule.