Project Management Documentation: RAID

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
bestPM

Hi All,

I have been struggling recently on what is the recommended way to keep track of all registered issues regarding the projects I have, for example, five ongoing projects simultaneously within a program.

I use Excel and OneNote. In OneNote, for example, I separate each project and track issues on all of them separately. But, I also have a priority list - separated - which includes issues from different topics. I realized that I complicated things a bit by trying to separate each ongoing projects and their issues and priorities.

Could you advise how you manage issues and priorities for different projects which are implemented in parallel and how do you manage to avoid a mess in all issues regarding each projects, their interdependencies and inter-priorities?

Should there be one Excel with all issues and priorities, so that when I sit down to work, I can filter it accordingly and start managing? Or maybe it is recommended to separate projects, their issues and priorities within one program?

Thank you!
iamsamanta

As you enter into a new project, one of the most useful resources for a project manager is a visual aid that can be accessed and updated by members of the team. Goals, timelines, projections, assignments, and more are compiled in the form of something as simple as a spreadsheet, which organizes the project for all involved. The important part is finding a appropriate template for project and team.

Thank you!
mathygreen

RAID is an acronym that stands for Risks, Actions, Issues and Decisions.
  • Risks are the potential problems lurking in your project. Risks tend to be thought of as having an adverse impact on the project, but there are also positive risks.
  • Actions are what you need to do throughout the project.
  • Issues are when something goes wrong in the project. If an issue isn’t managed and resolved it can derail the project or cause the project to fail.
  • Decisions are how you decided to act in the project.