Online PM Tools

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
baileyborough

Hi guys,

Relatively new to this whole PM lark.

I'd like to ask, has anyone here had any experience with the online tools like Asana, Basecamp and the like?

My previous organisation used Sharepoint, but that's not happening in my new place for the forseeable, and one of these seems like the next best thing. Initial looks suggests Asana is a solid one, but there's a bit of a fatal flaw there (damn you, GDPR...).

Any feedback or suggestions very welcome.

Thanks,

B.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

I use a combination of Evernote, Trello and Excel for managing my projects. These work well as a low cost option and allow effective sharing between teams with members located in different countries.

Duncan
jonathanknight

We use a combination of Google Drive, Slack and Hitask for managing our projects online.

Jonathan
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jonathan, our developers have adopted Slack rather than email for communicating. It helps ease communication with our back-end and front-end developers being in different locations. It's also a fun tool with some self-moderated and good humored developer banter. I suggest asking people to use multi factor authentication for added security.
jamesaidan

Hello, I used Basecamp and Wrike. Both are good. You can go for these.