I Got It Wrong

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
joye

Today was my first steering committee meeting. I am a PM in medium sized software firm. I was providing status report to upper management about 8 guys including all C-Level . I has basically collated a 4 page power-point with one page each sourced from different teams. While reporting for one of the team I said X is done. That caused a big stir and energy in the panel. But X was actually only implemented in a component not in the end system. I realized this when the relevant team member heard from someone and approached me late in the evening. This mistake is due to a number of things. Me being only 3 months old in the organization, currently not well aware and engaged with work with that team and having too much on my plate at the moment. This was my first meeting I don't think I got proper handover from the last guy other than a quick email. But hey its my face. I want to own up and ensure it doesn't happen again. Going to send an email to the panel apologizing and clarifying. what else should I do. Feeling really lo and sad. Thank you.
pcimring

Hey

Everyone makes mistakes.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Just learn what you can from it (if anything) and move on ;)

Best of success!
Pete
vartikakashyap

Some of the best lessons we ever learn are learned from past mistakes. The error of the past is the wisdom and success of the future.
danwan337
Recognised Member
Recognised Member

Everyone makes mistakes, and it's a human tendency to fall and rise. Due to nervousness, we tend to goof up during our career's initial days, but it's alright. Don't take it to heart. Smile and carry on with life.