Do I need project management software?

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
peterdmilner

Hi,

I am a design manager working for an office furniture manufacturer. I am looking at whether or not to implement Project Management software into our design and development process.
  • All our design and development is internal.
  • We don't have a dedicated team, but use our existing factory resources when they are available.
  • Our design projects don't have specific deadlines or cost restraints.
I have looked into several PM software solutions and they all seem irrelevant to the way we work.

Does anyone have any advice?
Erik

Hi, maybe this project managment software will help you. This is kefez.com. I use it for my work. It is very simple to me and has all main functions.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

You'll often pay a premium for branded project management software. There are plently of generic tools that can help you manage projects effectively.

I use a combination of Evernote, Trello and JIRA. I find Evernote useful for sharing meeting minutes and actions. Trello is ideal for sprint backlog planning. JIRA is a good ticketing system for bug and issue resolution.

Duncan
Fazal Hussain

To compete in current era it has gotten quite important to integrate your organization and to make things automated for that I would suggest you to implement some application so that you can work upon latest project management methodologies such as Agile for adapting environment in a more faster manner, Give TaskQue a try it is great free tasks management tool till 10 members and can help you in making your workflow at organization better.
RichardGhval

Online tools for project management that I really love are: Asana, Kanbanflow, Trello.I have never had any problems using this software. It visualizes project by processes and it helps me manage projects easily.
Fazal Hussain

See using software makes your work quite automated which ultimately saves you great deal of time for using somewhere else, as much you would automate your work that much easily you would be able to manage your things and perform better in a meager amount of time.
vartikakashyap

In my opinion ProofHub is the best tool that I'd recommend you to try. This tool is loaded with features like proofing which helps a lot to get quick feedback from clients. Apart from proofing this tool is loaded with features like tasks, group chat, gantt chart, time tracking and lots more. I think you must give this tool a try.