I'm working on a paper on the topic of communication management within an engineering project. I'd like to start the article by discussing the purpose of project communications. I have come up with five basic categories/reasons/purposes of project communications so far, but would like to query this group to see what, if anything, I'm missing. Here's what I've got so far for comm categories:
1. Inform (e.g. status reports)
2. Request (e.g. purchase requisitions)
3. Discuss (e.g. engineering brainstorming session)
4. Decide (e.g. conclude and document findings of a trade study)
5. Direct (e.g. assign tasks)
What else am I missing?
Thanks for any and all feedback!