Which are the best learning resources to prepare for PMP exam?

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
Atif Shahab
Recognised Member
Recognised Member

Kindly share the best learning resources for preparation of PMP exam.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll start with a favorite resource that gets good reviews regularly, PMP Exam Prep: Accelerated Learning to Pass PMIs PMP Exam by Rita Mulcahy. I believe the eighth edition is the latest and the one to buy. An earlier version was my textbook for the PMP. I found the book excellent, easy to read, laid out well, with useful exercises and exam tips throughout.
jayashree
Expert Member
Expert Member

PMP Exam Study Guides, PMP Podcasts, PMP Formulas, PMP Exam Courses are some of the best learning resources to prepare for PMP exam.
Dheeraj.S

Hello,

There are tons of resources available online that will help you to prepare for the PMP Exam and clear the exam at first attempt. I suggest that you first go through the PMBOK at least 2-3 times so you are able to grasp the requirements, pre-requisites and PMBOK processes and Knowledge areas. Once you are comfortable with the terminology, you should start studying from various resources like Exam Preparation Guide from Rita Mulcahy (8th edition/highly recommended) as it is covered with practical examples related to Project Management as per the PMBOK Guide. Online resources provide information related to PMP Study guides and materials, online study groups, Discussion forums, Lessons learned, Exam Preparation books, e-newsletter, practice exams etc and you can search accordingly as per these categories. The discussion forums and lessons learned will give you insight about how others prepared for the exam or what is the formula/trick to clear the exam at first attempt and the Study guides and study groups will help you to learn and prepare for the PMP exam.

Once you go through the various resources and feel ready to give the exam, you should attempt at least 3-4 mock/practice papers. There are various resources that provide free and paid practice exams. These practice exams help you to review your exam preparation and you can work on weak areas (if any). As per my experience, once the score is above "80%" in all process groups in practice papers, you are ready to give the exam. I found that there are lots of free practice papers but most of them are old or are not updated as per the latest requirements from PMI.

I recommend to go through http://pm-training.net/free-pmp-practice-exam. There are over 1000 questions and are updated every month to include latest questions. It has also been updated to include new 2016 changes to the exam.

All the best
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have a look at this Oliver F. Lehmann PMP Self Assessment Test. The test covers the current exam version and is 75 questions in 90 minutes (timed). The timer is in the browser title bar and can be difficult to spot. It has references to a standard source of project management, as PMI does it for the real exam questions.

http://www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-t ... stions.htm
vartikakashyap

Here is a detailed guide for the PMP exam. You can check it here -> https://www.simplilearn.com/7-tips-to-p ... 43-article