Using Gut Feeling or Analytical Analysis?

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
Bowen Lou

Hello guys,

I am an MSc student from the University of Surrey, and I need your participation for my dissertation research. The survey is about using intuition or rational analysis when a team is making a project decision. Your participation will be extremely important for my research.

Please help.
https://surreyfbel.qualtrics.com/SE/?SI ... j7aKQZvG85
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's surprising how often 'gut feeling' is right. I've worked with many successful managers and leaders who've based a lot of their decisions on intuition and have done very well. Some people seem to have the knack of instinctively making the right decision. Not to say some analytical analysis isn't necessary.

In today's fast moving 24 hours business culture, it's likely more important to rely on 'gut feeling' than long analytical processes that slow business down. I suspect many people go with their gut even when the analytical data suggests something different.

Any thoughts?
jayashree
Expert Member
Expert Member

The survey was of great help. Thanks for posting!!