Program Manager (Career Advice)

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
SHARATH3782

Hi,

I'm working as a program manager for a couple of months for a start-up. I find the responsibilities as a program manager range from requirement gathering, customer's point of contact, interface with multiple teams such as engineering, operations, and product team; planning multiple releases for the different clients. However, I don't manage budget and profitability since the company is in an evolving phase; no resource directly report to me; responsible for the successful launch of the project.

As above, responsibilities are likely to differ from program manager role in structured organizations. Does the above task, which I'm doing add value to my professional experience as a program manager? Will other organizations fail to understand my role as a program manager?

Please let me know your opinion.
jayashree
Expert Member
Expert Member

The experience you have as a program manager will never fade out or be ignored by other companies. Instead the best part is that it will add more value and advantage in present and in future.