Help with PRINCE2 Practitioner Past questions papers

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
jayman21

Hello All,

I am in need of PRINCE2 Practitioner past questions papers. Would be grateful if you have some to share as I need to prep for the exam. I only have the copy available from APMG, which is on the Calendar Project.

Thank you and look forward to your comments.

Kind regards
stonesfan
Expert Member
Expert Member

Hi Jayman

There is another past exam on that APMG website. Its a restructuring project. When you click on 'start exam' it will randomly give you the Calendar or Restructuring exam. Sometimes you have to close the the exam down and go back to the APMG page to get the exam you are looking for. I just checked it and both are still there. Both are really good preparation for the real exam. Make sure you understand how to answer the assertion/reason questions. Quite a few people fail because they simply don't know how to answer these.

Noticed your question regarding Agile. Out of interest have you looked at APMP accreditation at some point too? Presently studying this and going on classroom training in February. Its a really good syllabus and is definitely a step up from PRINCE2 in difficulty.

Good luck

Regards
jayman21

Hello stonesfan,

I sat the Prince2 Practitioner exam and glad to say that I passed it.

You mentioned APMP certification, which I am not very familiar with hence not sure of its popularity or demanded in the market place and internationally. Are you able to share more on this?

I have been looking through APMG certifications, and it appears I willing be going for the Prince2 Agile certification next. I have always worked in Agile environment, but without an agile related certification to boost my experience.

It would be great to hear from others who may have taken this certification to learn from their experience and how it has been applied to live projects.

Thanks
stonesfan
Expert Member
Expert Member

Hi Jayman

APMP is well recognised in the UK. Although I would say more so by building and engineering companies. For example Network Rail and TFL often list this as a prerequisite on their job application page. Remember though, its not a clearly defined framework like PRINCE2 or Agile. That said, it does compliment both of those extremely well and fills in the gaps that the two methodologies do not provide. APMP goes into further detail than Prince2 when it comes to activities such as stakeholder engagement, leadership and teamwork. There are some relatively basic mathematics involved too! Other activities include health and safety in a project context, programme and portfolio management, producing schedules, assigning resources and procurement amongst others. In short, you could describe APMP as a "how to be a project manager" syllabus.

It is harder to achieve than Prince2 and has a 3 hour written exam.

As far as international recognition goes, it is recognised moderately well in Europe, although less so in the Americas and Asia. I believe if you are looking to work in the latter two then PMP accreditation is recommended. However, for this you will need to demonstrate a high number of hours of involvement in project work to qualify for this exam. However, some countries will place APMP accreditation towards your 'points total' when it comes to qualifying for emigration. As they will PRINCE2.

Regards
jayman21

Hi stonesfan,

Thanks for your response. Very useful information which you have shared.

Kind regards,
Jay