APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
stonesfan
Expert Member
Expert Member

Hi All

Am seriously considering APMP. PRINCE2 has given me a sound framework of which to base my projects on. Have found it very useful overall. Arguably the biggest positive is that its brought my documentation capabilities up to a far more professional standard. However, I'd like to delve in a little deeper now and it would appear APMP is the way forward for this.

There is the full APMP course. However there's also a P2P to APMP available where you only need to sit around 75% of the standard exam. Has anyone done this course? Makes sense if you already have P2P.

Already looking at a decent APMP study guide.

Cheers
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hi,

I am Prince2 and APMP.

As a Prince 2 accredited person, you can sit the 2 hour exam (rather than the 3 hour exam). You basically have a cut down syllabus. You can get the syllabus from the APMP website. I found the 'soft skills' I learnt on the course very good. You will learn a lot more than Prince2 I feel.

Go on the full APMP course, but sit the 2 hour exam. I strongly recommend going on a classroom course as the cert has a lot of learning required to pass it and you will get tips on how to pass the exam. There are certain things each question type needs to see in the written answer (no multiple choice) and I found the classroom course I went on covered this well.

There are two companies I recommend: Parallel Project Learning and Provek. I went on Provek's course, and it was brilliant. Provek's sister company (PM Channel) use to have free online learning videos on their webiste, which are very good. www.thepmchannel.com

If you want to know anything else, message me.
stonesfan
Expert Member
Expert Member

Having covered most of a recommended APMP study guide, I can honestly say this is probably the most relevant accreditation for those seeking a move into PM. Maybe I should have done this prior to PRINCE2(!) However, with hindsight I'd say gaining PRINCE2 accreditation put me in a stronger position to absorb the more challenging material in APMP.

Seriously......this curriculum gets your mind engaged and actively seeking knowledge.