Prince 2 Foundation certification syllabus

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
avinash.rao

Hello,

Could you please provide the syllabus for the PRINCE2 foundation certification?
Is there a formal syllabus and book that I can use for this exam?

Thanks in advance.
Avinash
stonesfan
Expert Member
Expert Member

Would recommend 'Prince2 Study Guide' by David Hinde. This is more than enough to prepare you for the foundation exam. Includes self assessments, past papers and some extra online resources to assist you.

Also has some Practitioner level material too.
cscott8

I would also be interested in this. I have the OGC "Managing Successful Projects with Prince2" (2009) Book, but I'm assuming that not all 346 pages are relevant for foundation.

So would like to know if there's a specific syllabus, chapter guide, or study guide for what to learn for Foundation.
stonesfan
Expert Member
Expert Member

Purchase the publication that I recommended above. The entire book is geared towards preparing you for both exams. It even goes into detail about what chapters are relevant for Foundation. Wouldn't recommend only going through the Official Manual. Its very dry and does not contain any simulated tests which are a great way to prepare for the exam.

Foundation = General knowledge of Prince2.

Practitioner = applying Prince2 into fictional scenarios. Plus deeper general knowledge of Prince2.
FabriceTD

I bought PRINCE2 Foundation Training Manual, By Frank Turley on Amazon. Outside my working hours, I've studied it and it was really nice - it's written in a simple but objective way that allows you to understand all that you need for the Foundation Exam - even provides some extra context for you to really get a grasp on PRINCE2 material.

Really recommend!
jayashree
Expert Member
Expert Member

'Prince2 Study Guide' by David Hinde is really helpful. Try it out.
Rafael_Bandeira

Dear colleagues,

I started to read the official PRINCE2 Manual but this was not easy, so I just gave up.

Then I got a copy of the David Hinde book from Amazon, this is much easier to read and follow.

A friend of mine sent me a copy of the PRINCE2 Foundation manual from Frank Turley and this was just great. It was so easy to ready with lots of examples and each chapter ended with a summary of what was important to know in the exam.

So I recommend the book from Frank Turley if you are going to do the Foundation Exam and both books (Frank & David) for the Practitioner Exam.

Regards,
Rafael