New PM Video: Approaches to Risk Management

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
begeland

There's a new project management video up. Topic is "Approaches to Risk Management." I discuss the importance of risk management, thoughts on tools and common risk management mistakes.

Go here to view it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA6wWys_9c8

Please view it and let me know your thoughts as well as your own thoughts and approaches to risk management. Please feel free to share specific stories/experiences (good and bad...learning experiences help us all!). Thanks!

Brad
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hi Brad,

A great start to what I hope will be regular educational videos at Project Smart.

My only feedback would be maybe adding some graphics or pictures in the video to help demonstrate points being made.

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks,
Kit.
begeland

Thanks Kit. That is exactly my plan. I have ideas for next videos - planning to start doing these monthly for posting to this site.

Brad
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Good to hear it.

I also liked how you added your personal experiences in to emphasise points. My sentiments are that just talking about 'text book' techniques offer nothing more than what can be read in a book, for instance.