APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

All,

I am now delighted to say that I am officially Assocaition of Project Management Professional (APMP) accredited. I got my successful exam results back yesterday!

My plan is to write-up a review on my experience and provide feedback for anyone looking to achieve APMP status. The APMP, is a slightly cut down UK version of the PMP. It is a certifcate from the APM (funnily enough).

If anyone would like any feedback on achieving the APMP certification, please let me know.

Many thanks,
Kit
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congratulations on your success Kit.

Duncan
FGrayling

Congratulations Kit!!!!! Great achievement!!!

I'm planning to take my APM next year and have noticed that they do a PRINCE2 adapted version so I'm keen to know if anyone has any feedback on that version and the differences between full and this one? According to all I have found online, it says that they're worth the same, it just cuts out duplicate learning but I don't want to pick the wrong one!

How did you find the whole course?

Thanks
Fran
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hi Fran,

Thank you.

I did the Prince2 version of the APMP as I was already a Prince2 Practitioner.

The Prince2 route is a 2 hour written exam, not a 3 hour like the normal route.

The cut down Prince2 syllabus is below:

http://www.apm.org.uk/sites/default/fil ... an2014.pdf

I would highly recommend Provek Training for a class room course (5 days). Go on the normal 5 day course but just focus on the Prince2 content, this is what I did. They also do excellent online tutorial videos from their website www.thepmchannel.com

The whole course is challenging and needs prior study time, in my opinion.

If you have any more questions, please ask.

Many thanks,
Kit