New to Forum and Project Management

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
ryanjcassidy

Good Afternoon All,

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

I just wanted to introduce myself and try gain some knowledge from everybody.

I currently live in the North West of England and have started studying for my Project Management Qualifications in CAPM, Agile, Prince2 & MS Project.

In my previous role, I shortly on boarded two clients and managed them. This is what has given me the push to want to do Project Management.

I am currently looking for my first step into Project Management, but not sure what to look for really.

I am also wondering if anybody knows of any networking opportunities in the North West where I can have the opportunity to speak to other Project Managers.

I look forward to speaking to you all and gaining invaluable knowledge from you.

Thanks,
Ryan
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Go to the APM website and search for APM events, they are often free to their members.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Ryan.

The PMI UK Chapter run regional events. I notice they have some events in Cheshire during October. Might be a good chance for some networking with like-minded professionals.

Duncan
ryanjcassidy

Hi Both,

Thank you for your replies. I am a member of PMI but waiting to be added to the UK chapter in order to attend events.

Oncer verified I will definitely be attending.

Thanks,

Ryan
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hi Ryan,

It would be interesting to get some feedback on the events.

I know the APM events have good quality key speakers, for instance Susanne Masden. Here is a link to a recent APM event below where she spoke. She is a well known author and project leadership coach/speaker:

The PM Channel

Thanks,
Kit
Julieclt09

For your project management career, I think you are already on the right track. You are combining education with experience, which is the best combination. I suggest to continue applying project management principles in your everyday job, even if you don't have that title. This will help you apply your knowledge, give you confidence, and also reveal what you need to improve on.

I had a similar experience before I landed my first PM job. These posts could help you further, and add more details for you:

Are you a Project Manager, and don’t know it yet? Part I

Typical Duties of a Project Manager (Part I)
Technical Project Manager
ryanjcassidy

Thanks all.

Thank you for the links Julieclt09 I appreciate it.

Any guidance I can get right now is of great value to me and I can not thank you enough.

Many Thanks

Ryan