Free poster: PRINCE2 from a BA's perspective

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
AoteaStudios

Many of you work closely with business analysts, so I thought this would be useful to you. We've released a poster that shows the key documents produced by the project manager during each stage of the project, which of them business analysts use in their work, and which BA knowledge areas used during each stage. The poster can be downloaded at http://aoteastudios.com.

We are thinking about publishing more materials useful to project managers, so feedback is welcome!
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very useful posters. Thanks!

In my understanding of the PRINCE2 framework and comparing it with your poster, the requirements approach and requirements will be defined during the initiation phase with the following feeding into them:
  • Project Approach
  • Business Case
  • Communications Plan
The requirements feed into the following items used during the execution phase:
  • Work Packages
  • Configuration Items
  • Product Description
  • Product Flow Diagram
Would you agree?

Thanks
Duncan
AoteaStudios

Hi Duncan

We're glad that you liked our posters!

Your understanding is correct. I personally like PRINCE2 because it provides a tailored way to run different projects. Working on customers' sites I witness its power and flexibility. I especially like the product-based focus - it is not just generic deliverables but rather something tangible that provides value for a customer.