Essay on Project management Planning?

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
kaithiwilliam

Hello

I am doing a 900 to 1600 word essay on project planning in teams. I have roughly 600 words. I need 400 more words and a website (that doesn't sell me the tools) to back it up. If someone can send me a website (I can do the research) that would be great. So far I have a paragraph on focusing and management any other "fillers" would be great too. Please send as fast as.

Thank you.
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi there,

BusinessBalls have a very good article describing the rules, processes and tools for project planning and project management:

http://www.businessballs.com/project.htm

...also see Project Planning a Step by Step Guide. Judging by the comments people find this article helpful:

http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/project-p ... -step.html

Duncan
cvb

Not sure what your remit is, but one of the interesting challenges of planning in a team is that often the subject matter experts in the team are there for their technical expertise and not for their experience or ability in planning. So they often need coaching and support.

You also then need to take into account the personalities - is that person an optimist? a pessimist? is there some reason why they may be trying to impress with a fast turnaround?

The planning process is always different because of the people factor.

Can't provide a website for that tho ;)
dhaughey
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have two pieces of advice for you:

1. Don't be swayed by a sexy looking project plan that has been produced to give senior management a warm feeling, but which is not based on reality. A wrong plan is worse than having no plan at all.

2. Don't try to create a perfect plan. As General George Patton, JR said, "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

Duncan