Resource Allocation Calculation

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
Marie

Hi there,

I am new to this board and looking to develop my PM skills. As I was recently made redundant, it wouldn't be fair to ask mentors (all seniors who have little time outside work) to explain some things so I am hoping to find answers here.

My last role was an entry level PM in Business Change for a financial Blue Chip. I would be allocated resources to work on activities and a guideline of arrange the schedule depending of when they are available.

As I am applying for roles, reading lots of PM articles here and from other sources and attending PRINCE2 Practitioner, it dawned on me that there is an actual calculation to be made, sorry if that sounds very junior :). However, I can't find a step by step on the net nor Youtube so I feel stuck.

Is there anyone that has the time to explain? Btw, English is not my mother tongue.

Thanks
Marie

The forum seems active and with plenty of experts, so why is there no answer yet?