Please, please help - Management and organisation

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
jacklw2011

Hi,

I design sets for Television, Theatre and design Interior Design models using 3D CAD software, I need to be able to keep track of all of this so I need a database, spreadsheet or an online service (free!) that I can record data such as Project names, date started, date finished, estimated finish, who it is assigned to, search functionality, reports and project reference number so for example, one of my models is a TV Studio set so the reference number is TSTVJ001 - I want to be able to search that and it would come up with all details related to that project.

I cannot find any templates that are what I want and it's frustrating me, I'm on my own right now so nobody else is able to help me!

Can you help me?

Regards.
NickC

Hi

What is the main intended function of what you are trying to create?

It sounds like you want an overview summary of each projects status? If so it may be worth searching for project dashboard templates.

If you're looking to capture more detailed information relating to tasks, issues, risks etc, then you're talking about project logs and registers which again there are plenty of templates available, but I find it's best to create your own and evolve it to your own requirements over time.
jacklw2011

Hi

The main intended function is that I have all my project details stored in one database etc that I can update all the time and I have 1000's so I need to have the search functionality so I can find them easy,

When clients want to know more details I can just pull the project details up very quickly. also it's for my reference too, I like to be able to store things and find them easily enough,

I work from home so it's a bit of a pain! -

Regards