UK/US Software Implementation Project

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
jonnod123

Hi All,

I'm working as IT project manager on a large scale implementation of a new CRM and ERP system across all companies in our group. The group is made up of UK and US companies which operate as separate entities. However, the group has a HQ in the UK.

We're in the latter stages of selecting the solution (MS Dynamics NAV with industry specific add-ons) and a UK based partner. The problem is with the US side of things. The companies we're looking at working with (and almost all similar companies) only have UK based offices and are looking to find a US partner to do the implementation/support there. That doesn't sit too comfortably with our board, though it is what it is.

I wondered if anyone has any experience or advice in dealing with multinational (UK and US) software implementation projects? Specifically, in the choice of partners companies from different continents. How was the US partner found? We're you involved in the search or decision making, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Jonathan
Mohamed.Benmerikhi
Expert Member
Expert Member

Hi Jonathan,

Your question is very interesting indeed. I think the decision making process is quite complex. I know that empirical investigations have been conducted in this area, so what I would recommend is for you to do a search on some databases such as "sciencedirect" for these studies.

Mohamed Benmerikhi
jonnod123

Thanks Mohamed. I'll give "sciencedirect" a try.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know!