Critical Path Analysis

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
haroon

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding critical path analysis. Would in the attached picture it will be correct to say that my critical path is = D,E,G,H?

Regards,
Haroon
Attachments
critical-path-analysis.png
critical-path-analysis.png (35.54 KiB) Viewed 11608 times
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

No.

It would be correct to say that A would be the first activity on the critical path, follow by the ones you said.
kranai

Hi

Can anyone help me answer two questions from the diagram that a is attached:

1. What is the critical path of this network diagram? From what I understand critical path are activities with Total Slack=LS-ES=0 and Total Slack=LF-EF=0. But below diagram because of the lag I have different values for the start and finish activity for the slacks. The only activities that satisfy Total Slack=LS-ES=0 and LF-EF=0 are A,C,E, H and J...But I cannot get to J with the critical activities? Please make me understand why...have I missed something here?

2. from the diagram what is the critical path duration? I assume it is 52 days.

Help much appreciated.
Best Rgds
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 4.03.18 am.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 4.03.18 am.png (142.48 KiB) Viewed 8231 times
jayashree
Expert Member
Expert Member

Can you please explain in brief about critical path analysis for the examples mentioned. I am quite confused!!