Public Sector PM Practitioners

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
dglockart

Hi,

I'd like to find PM practitioners working in the public sector who may be able to answer a few questions regarding the closure of public sector projects.

If anyone is able to help please drop me a short email I can reply to at Dlockart@grouphes.com

Thanks,

Dale
begeland

Hi Dale. I'm not currently working on an public sector PM projects, but I've worked on projects with the Dept of Defense and the Dept of Education in the past...with the Dept of Ed, I was developer and a project/program manager for almost 14 years so I have a decent amount of exposure there.

In terms of closure, I led a large student financial aid project that required the archival of millions of 'paper' student financial aid documents to federal storage facilities for possible retrieval later on if needed for court cases (fraud in obtaining government aid, etc.). So I had to work with developers at the end of each 5 year program/contract to archive records to one or more facility and build a system that would allow the government to know exactly what box and where in that box a particular student's paper financial aid application was in case it needed to be retrieved. Not sure if this is in lines with what you're inquiring about, but I'd be happy to discuss further....feel free to reply here or contact me separately.
dglockart

Thanks Brad,

I'll email you directly to get gain some of your expert advice please.

T
Regards,

Dale L.