What is your Project Management Software tool of choice?

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
JoeMac

We use our own product, TrackerSuite.Net, in-house for project management, time and expense reporting, purchasing, help desk services, resource management and more. The integrated nature of the modules helps our productivity and efficiency, for example, support tickets can be converted into project tasks. The integration with email clients, like Outlook, helps a great deal – you can take an email in Outlook, drag-and-drop it to a TrackerSuite.Net folder and automatically generate a project task, support ticket or document based off the email.
RobR

Our previous system didn't exist! I introduced Excel but quite quickly realised a few shortcomings.

I tried a few different free bits and bobs and some web tools, I also dabbled in Project. Someone then said lets just buy Project! - So yeah, that's the tool of choice if you can call it that!

At the moment I'm finding it very powerful and quite nifty but also I think it's trying to be a bit too clever for its own good, convinced there's witch craft under the hood.

I've yet to graduate from Excel for managing multiple projects, I did intend to use Project for that at some point though.
LettyLocke

I use Teamlab Office for my work and so far it is working great.
Adi.ProofHub

In my organisation we use ProofHub (http://www.proofhub.com), an in-house web based project management software. Since it is web based one doesn't need to buy it, hence the cost of ownership and license fees is eliminated. All one needs to do id pay for the subscription. Besides, it has some amazing features like collaboration tool, proofing tool, allows multiple to be added in a project, allocate tasks to them, create to-do lists, milestones and timesheet. Also in it there is in-built chat and one can even import files from dropbox and google drive.

It has been a welcome relief for me as I don't have to keep track of long threads of emails, chats and clutter of files. It is an effective tool to collaborate and communicate.
NatiBampo

Now we use google drive and google docs for our work - it's very convenient with auto-save. But our company ordered a new soft lately that will make our work even more convenient and quick! I'm looking forward to setting it up!
begeland

NatiBampo-
When you get it installed be sure to come back to the forum and tell us what it is and how you like it. Thanks!
Brad
dora.rosenstein

You could look at varying other online collaboration tools out there. I use Proofhub at work, and although we use the paid version, there is a free one also for unlimited users, so maybe you could check that out?
stonesfan
Expert Member
Expert Member

There is an open source piece of software called ProjectLibre of which is pretty handy for planning projects and assigning resources.

To be honest though, I've just used Excel in the past.
anika.hanan

Hi All,

I hope Replicon's software can be the best choice for both project and time management, as it will satisfy all our business needs. Its really easy to use and maintain. It integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks so we can invoice our customer easily.

Using this Software, we can also increase the coordination between the different teams that work in the different offices because of its multi-lingual support.

Checkout this link ( http://www.replicon.com/time-tracking-softwares.aspx ) to know more about this wonderful suite.
Adi.ProofHub

anika.hanan wrote:Hi All,

I hope Replicon's software can be the best choice for both project and time management, as it will satisfy all our business needs. Its really easy to use and maintain. It integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks so we can invoice our customer easily.

Using this Software, we can also increase the coordination between the different teams that work in the different offices because of its multi-lingual support.

Checkout this link ( http://www.replicon.com/time-tracking-softwares.aspx ) to know more about this wonderful suite.
Hi Anika,

I visited Replicon's website, I think it is good but I can't find any proofing tool in it. Besides, there is no casper mode in it. So you can also try a web based collaboration and project management tool to see if they satisfy your needs or not.